Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Post Invitational Work


Now that the Invitational is over, it is back to our normal routine.  Greens were topdressed Sunday before the rain, vented yesterday, mowing heights were slightly raised and greens were not mowed on Sunday or Monday to give them a much needed rest after the intense maintenance last week.  Mowing today for the first time, I decided to check green speeds after not mowing for 2 days, venting yesterday and fertilizing on Saturday evening and we were still rolling 12.2.  I will say the stimpmeter will now be put away as I have never been a big believer in checking speeds daily.  This past week was the first time in my almost 7 years here that I pulled the stimp out of the closet.  We push our greens daily and green speeds vary with weather conditions, plus most golfers cannot gauge what 9,10 or 12 mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment